Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

3D Shape Nets

This week on Friday I have working on my Maths for my Must Do Task List. Today what we learnt was to unfold an a 3D shape. After we had to get a book, pencil, ruler and 3 3D shapes to trace. Then we had to trace the whole 3D shape, Front Back Bottom Right and Left Top. You also have to measure one shape but in the right measurement at the right point.As you can see I have drawn 3 3D shape which are called Square Pyramid, Square Prism and Rectangular Prisim. I also got help from Karlos for giving me technique to draw the 3D Shape. I learnt that a net can be transformed into a 3D shape and 3D shape can be transformed to a net.  Today this was quiet hard for the tracing part, because my fingers were shaking for no reason. The part that I found easy was that how I can sense the amount of space to get the perfect shape.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Joseph,

    I enjoyed reading about the process you went through today to make your own 3D shapes using net drawings. It was tricky but you did not give up! I can see you took a lot of care with your measurements. Do you have any pictures of your folded 3D shapes?

    ReplyDelete