Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Scale Drawing/Pony

Last week, LS2 created scale drawing because it was maths week. I chose to draw a Pony, because I thought it would be simple and colorful. This was my first time experiencing scale drawing. Scale drawing was really fun because you get to draw a photo of your choice that's appropriate. I also learnt what enlargement means, enlargement is when you find a picture, and draw that picture but enlarge the size, and draw it similar how it is laid out. On my pony, my enlargement between the the original pony and my pony weren't exactly that similar, but I still enjoyed the view of it. As I did scale drawing I found the face of the pony difficult to draw because of how my hands were shaking. I found the hair simple because the hair was just a straight line curving. Next time I create a scale drawing, I will improve the choice of my picture, and challenge myself to draw a more difficult picture. The length of my was grid 9cm squares wide, and the height of my grid was 12cm high. The scale factor was 2, which meant we had to multiply our grid cm by 2, to increase the size, increasing the size and making the squares exactly the same as the original pony is laid out, this is when you can call your drawing a enlargement.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joseph,
    I think this blog post is awesome. I really like the blurb because it tells me a lot nd it also helped me learn some new words. I think that your pony drawing was very good. One thing I think you should of changed about your pony is the tail because the tail dosen't look very long. But overall I think this blog post is a really great post from you. Great job and keep the amazing work up Joseph!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Joseph,
    Hi Joseph what a unique choice of a art you chose to enlarge. It looks colourful and bright. Come to my blog and check out my enlargement, Fantastic work and make sure to update your blog every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Joseph

    I like how you did a photo of a pony and I really like how you draw it. I hope next time you will do better than I did because it was our first time doing it so next time I think you will draw a great drawing.

    ReplyDelete