Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Duck OverBoard

This week on Wednesday I have been working on my reading, Today I had to type information about the duck overboard. I also had to type down what I think is the main idea, we also had to type down 2 supporting details about the duck overboard too.

I learnt all this information by going on learning space one site, then I went to watched the video to find out about the duck overboard. I also read the articles too, the article helped me more than the video.

Text title: Duck Over Board
Author: There are lots of authors that have a video of the duck overboard experiments
I think the main idea of this text is thousand of rubber ducks were lost overboard. Scientist follow them to understand better how ocean currents work.
One example of a supporting detail is The rubber ducks went to different direction like Alaska 1992, Australia 1994, some ducks drift slowly through the arctic ice 1995-2000, United states 2000, Scotland 2003,
Another example of a supporting detail is Lighting struck down on a cargo ship and then all the rubber ducks were lost in the sea.
It is clear that the main idea is a cargo ship getting struck by lightning few years ago.

Because that is how lots of people researched about them and learnt a lot of how the ocean currents work.
   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joseph,

    Well done on completing the task. You have almost got the main idea and examples under your belt. Remember the main idea shouldn't change between the top box and the bottom box. Also the supporting details shouldn't be the main idea, they explain it.

    ReplyDelete